Therapy Technician- Full Time- Inpatient Acute Care- JRI
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Shore Rehabilitation Institute is a 40 bed Acute Rehabilitation Hospital, part of the Hackensack Meridian Health System. We offer comprehensive rehabilitation to individuals to regain quality of life after disability due to a disease or injury. Our emphasis is on maximizing functional independence in order to return patients to the community. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team collaborating to provide individualized quality intervention to a varied diagnostic population consisting of Stroke, Brain injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Guillian-Barre, Amputee, Cardiac post- surgical, pulmonary, complex orthopedics, and the medically complex. Shore Rehabilitation is currently Joint Commission and CARF certified, with Brain Injury and Stroke CARF specialty certifications.
This position will provide transportation between therapy, clinical hands on support to therapists and general operational housekeeping to ensure smooth provision of therapy.
A day in the life of a Therapy Technician at Hackensack Meridian Shore Rehabilitation Institute includes:
- Provides clinical support to Physical Therapists and Occupational therapists during treatment implementation
- Collaboration of operations with nursing team and therapy team to ensure timely transportation of patients to and from therapy
- Maintains smooth departmental operations by providing clerical and gym organizational support
- Maintains wheelchair and equipment distribution inventory
- Supervises therapeutic dining
- Emphasis on customer service developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement
- Participation in program development committees for professional and program quality growth
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
- CPR BLS certification preferred
- Previous experience as therapy technician preferred
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility to multi-task
- Strong team oriented work ethics
- Ability to navigate computer systems, be flexible/adaptable, and have a positive attitude
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
- Availability for weekend and Holiday rotation is required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.