Surgical Technician Pd
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
This is a faced pace, high volume OR. There is a lot of cross-training available. You get the opportunity to specialize in one area for a while, and then can move to another speciality area later on. This is a great opportunity to learn, and you get to go through a very comprehensive orientation. There is a lot of flexibility as a Surgical Tech. Since we are open 24/7, there are Day, Eve, and Night shifts available. You can work a 10 hour or 12 hour shift. You get to work with the great Doctors, Surgeons, Registered Nurses and others throughout the hospital. Surgical Techs at Jersey Shore University Medical Center always celebrate our beliefs - Compassionate, Creative, Courageous, and Collaborative. Our team is flexible, friendly, dependable, respectful, and positive.
A day in the life of a Surgical Technician at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Assisting in operations and working cohesively under the supervision of surgeons, registered nurses, or other surgical personnel. May help set up operating room, prepare and transport patients for surgery, adjust lights and equipment, pass instruments and other supplies to surgeons and surgeon's assistants, hold retractors, cut sutures, and help count sponges, needles, supplies, and instruments.
- Preparing, caring for, and disposing of tissue specimens taken for laboratory analysis
- Washing and sterilizing equipment, using germicides and sterilizers.
- Monitoring and continually assessing for safe operating room conditions, including patient and surgical team needs
- Operating, assembling, adjusting, or monitoring sterilizers, lights, suction machines, or diagnostic equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Cleaning and restocking Operating room, gathering and placing equipment and supplies and arranging instruments according to instructions, such as a preference card.
- Taking self-directed or self-motivated initiative to do more than is expected or required in the job, acting before being required to by events, improving job performance, and/or creating new opportunities
- Participating in Unit/Department Performance Improvement [PI] activities
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- Graduate of accredited School of Surgical Technology required
- Previous or active Surgical Technician work experiences preferred. Must possess a strong foundation and understanding of sterile technique to any daily surgical situation
- BLS/CPR certification by American Heart Association is preferred
- Surgical Technician certification is required
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.