Supervisor, Lab - Blood Bank
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Blood Bank Supervisor is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of objectives for the section and assists with planning of departmental objectives. This position performs both administrative and technical duties
A day in the life of a Lab Supervisor at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Responsible for all aspects of section operations to ensure maximum efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Acts as the liaison for the Blood Bank on the Blood Utilization committee
- Ensures the accuracy of all results issued from the section.
- Maintains and improves standardized systems to support accurate, timely and reliable services to patients and healthcare providers.
- Performs all technical procedures as required due to operational considerations.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing within the laboratory as well as across departmental lines.
- Responsible for the administrative duties with regard to all employees within the section. This includes time and attendance, evaluations, demographic updates, assures adequate and proper departmental coverage for the workload presented, etc.
- Ensures rapid and appropriate issue resolution through effectively managed follow up and response. Files, investigates, and reconciles events reported.
- Consultation with Administration and Pathologists.
- Ensures that the internal and external quality control requirements within the area are implemented, functional and complete.
- Coordinates and supervises the operation of all laboratory instrumentation and ensures that all appropriate laboratory staff are properly trained in the performance of that instrumentation in accordance with applicable standards
- Coordinates the accurate and complete documentation, training, accreditation, and inspection process for regulatory agencies.
- Prepares the operating budget for the Section. Responsible for operating within the budget by controlling departmental costs. Explains any monthly variances.
- Updates and maintains all technical procedure manuals within the section.
- Supervises the orientation and in-service of new and existing personnel assigned to the section.
- Appraises, counsels and mentors employees assigned to the Section to improve overall job performance and to guide and employees toward the attainment of their performance goals.
- Screens and interviews prospective applicants for the Section.
- BS degree in Medical Technology or Biological Sciences is required
- Certified as MT(ASCP), CLS(NCA), CLT(HHS), MT(ASCP)BB, MT(ASCP)SBB or eligible to sit for same is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of clinical experience with an emphasis in Blood Bank required
- Supervisory role /Management experience is a plus
- High degree of analytical ability and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to make independent decisions and adherence to detail
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.