Plan, organize and implement social work service to residents and families. Plan for discharge and aftercare. Maintain contact with referring agencies and related people, and with community resources used for referral. Assess psychosocial needs. Assist with adjustment to long term care issues.
- Interviews patients /families to assess and evaluate the patient’s psychological adjustment to illness/disability, the family’s ability to assist with care, and their social, environmental, complex discharge planning and/or continuing care needs.
- Evaluate data gathered in terms of the medical plan of treatment, available social service programs, and plan a pertinent therapy program that will provide maximum benefit for each patient.
- Consults/confers with physicians and medical center staff regarding the patient’s medical situations, his/her psychological adjustment to illness/disability and/or continuing care needs.
- Educates patient/families about the psychological and social aspects of illness/disability as well as resources/service available.
- Consistently incorporates patients/families’ desires and needs when coordinating appropriate complex discharge and/or community case management plans.
- Consistently researches and provides patient/families information and referrals for community resources necessary for patient’s continuing care needs.
- Maintains a current case record of each patient and records the social work assessment, intervention provided, and plan developed in the patient’s medical chart/case management record including the psychological, social and/or economic aspects related to the patient’s care.
Bachelors degree in Social Services
One to two years geriatric experience.
Posses certificate from State of NJ to practice as a Certified Social Work/Licensed Social Worker
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.