Senior Payroll Coordinator-Home Care-Brick Twp-Full Time-Benefits
How have you impacted someone’s life today?
At Hackensack Meridian Health, our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
For further rewards offered, please visit www.TEAMHMH.COM
Responsible to work across all HMHAH division providing ADP/PeopleSoft support and systems administration. Responsibilities include: providing support on PeopleSoft functionality; assisting individual administrative managers and accounting personnel to use the system effectively and efficiently; remaining available as a payroll ¿expert¿ to help create cross company reports; working on data integrity issues that include such things as ensuring formulas, pay and deduction codes are consistent; creating documentation of cross-company procedures/policies/processes as appropriate; assisting as an intermediary for Corporate Payroll and HR issues, as needed. Responsible to continue to provide hands on payroll analyst and payroll administrator support to the administrative managers, including ensuring the accurate processing of all payrolls, the day-to-day processing and related reporting.
- Supervision and Collaboration: Collaborate with the organization administrative managers to ensure accurate timely payroll processing and completion of all related duties for all divisions. Oversee the payroll data team members in conjunction with the administrative manager.
- Special Assignments: Responsible for handling special assignments and projects as assigned. Demonstrate creativity and independent thinking. Complete all assignments as directed, error free and within the appropriate time constraints. Consistently demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Salaries Reconciliation: Research any discrepancies/variances with payroll, working with Corporate Payroll to verify correct amounts. Work with Human Resources for earnings for all HMHAH employees.
- Payroll Operations and Support: Provide first line support for all HMHAH payroll processors regarding payroll processing inquiries and issues. Determine if/when to elevate to Corporate Payroll. Ensure data integrity through the use of standard and custom reports. Ensure standardization is maintained for earnings, deduction and memo codes across company codes; accumulators and calculations are accurate for all company codes and standardize where applicable. Coordinate system upgrades between PeopleSoft and Epic, HMH Information Technology and HMHAH payroll processors as needed.
- Payroll Reports: Responsible for completion and/or review of payroll reports. Verify Paid Time Off (PTO) balances to ensure that employees are not improperly paid.
- Training: Educate new staff on how to process adjustments. Assist staff as needed with payroll related issues. Assist with resolving work-related issues that the associates may have. Train the new team members on PeopleSoft.
- Payroll Processing and Reconciliation: Complete processing of bi-weekly payroll. Work with the IT Department to fix any issues related to PeopleSoft and the payroll process.
- Paycheck Accuracy: Review payroll each pay period for accuracy in gross pay and deductions, calculating overtime properly. Review general ledgers with administrative managers for completeness and accuracy.
- Payroll Data Processing: Interact as necessary with department/employee to ensure data is accurate and submitted in accordance with processing deadlines. Enter adjustments to verify entries. Assure that appropriate codes are utilized and complete information input. Assure work is performed completely, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Record Retention: Assure documents for record retrieval are complete and accurate. Assist customers/employees on a timely basis. Send documents for retention at regular intervals in a timely manner.
- Payroll Support: Assist team members with issues regarding their deductions. Have ability to demonstrate and communicate the calculation of overtime, visits rates, call back, holiday pay and/or any other pay code.
- Customer Support: Recognize grievance situation. Interact with employees in a constructive manner. Log complaints when received and direct grievances to manager. Address inquiries effectively and provide accurate and timely responses where possible. Follow up on calls and questions in a timely and professional manner. Utilize proper telephone etiquette.
- Communication: Responsible for communication with involved parties to ensure the smooth operations of the department. Remain in constant contact with administrative managers to be aware of changes in payroll deadlines. Interact as necessary with department to ensure data is accurate and submitted in accordance with processing deadlines. Respond promptly to all phone and email messages to employees, managers within a reasonable time frame. Interact with VP/directors/managers regarding questions and open issues.
- Coordination with Human Resources and Recruitment: Provide payroll operations expertise when reviewing, revising or developing payroll related policies. Become PeopleSoft expert with cross-company access to develop and run reports for compliance reporting and ad hoc requests from Human Resources, Finance or other departments as needed.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMHs Organizational and Managerial competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 10 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10 lbs. and stands a minimum of 2 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Knowledge of payroll systems and processes
- Three (3) or More Years Payroll Experience
- Computer Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Customer Service Skills
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Wage and hour law knowledge as well as familiarity with benefit codes, leave management and employee tax requirements.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.