How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
***This is a part-time, 32 hour per week position. (four 8-hour shifts per week)
The Secretary III performs a variety of administrative functions. This position reports to an administrator and provides assistance utilizing secretarial support skills to maintain departmental operation.
1. Schedules appointments, meetings or conferences for departmental personnel utilizing interdepartmental and/or hospital wide computerized scheduling systems.
2. Prioritizes calls through screening process, transfers calls, records messages, and delivers to appropriate personnel.
3. Coordinates special projects as instructed, composes memos, transcribes notes, and researches and creates presentations.
4. Generates reports, handles multiple projects, and prepares and monitors invoices and expense reports.
5. Takes and/or transcribes minutes at meetings.
6. Reviews and distributes daily mail correspondence to appropriate personnel.
7. Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
8. Maintains up-to-date departmental manuals and files.
9. May assist with compiling and developing the annual budget.
10. Meets both department and individual goals.
Working Conditions: Lifts a minimum of 10lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 15lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma.
2. Strong skills in MS Office Applications.
3. Experience in health care or corporate sectors.
4. Minimum of 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area or related higher levels of education achieved.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Associate degree or higher.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.