How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Respiratory Therapist:
- Delivers respiratory care by providing respiratory therapy under medical direction in the treatment, management, control and diagnostic evaluation and care of patients in the hospital with deficiencies of the cardiopulmonary system
- Under all methods of practice shall conform to all written forms of policies and procedures and be carried out to highly achievable level of competency in a manner demonstrating consideration and concern
A day in the life of a Respiratory Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Providing respiratory care and performing duties for all age groups, including general floor care, ICU, ED, ventilator management, ABGS, medication administration, CPT, breathing exercises and BIPAP
- Reviewing patient information
- Collecting and evaluating all pertinent information pertaining to patients care
- Performing and/or evaluating blood gas analysis and pulse oximetry
- Evaluating appropriateness of therapy
- Selecting, assembling and checking gas administration devices
- Selecting, assembling and checking resuscitation devices
- Performing procedures for disinfecting equipment
- Patient and family education
- Performing complete computerization of medication administration record
- Participating in emergency conditions
- Current Licensed Respiratory Therapist in New Jersey
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory therapy program is required
- Registered Respiratory Therapist is required
- Two (2) or more years of experience working as an RT in critical care in a hospital setting is required
- BLS by American Heart Association is required within three (3) months of hire
- ACLS and PALS are required within three (3) months of hire
- Computer skills are required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.