Registered Nurse, Inpatient Oncology
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Ocean Medical Center has been granted the American College of Surgeons (AcoS) Commission on Cancer accreditation with commendation for its cancer program, an achievement earned by less than one third of all cancer programs across the country. This endorsement verifies the exceptional level of expertise and quality care that is delivered to each and every patient.
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Delivery of nursing practices according to the evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient centered care.
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient’s status, rendered care, education and treatment plans.
- Responsible for optimal patient/guest satisfaction and care experience according to Meridian Health standards.
- Medication administration utilizing the latest clinical documentation technology designed to ensure the safest delivery of medications to our patients.
- Patient and family centered care aimed at optimizing health, wellness and disease management.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration in management of our patient’s plan of care and goals from admission to discharge to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care.
- Current and valid RN license in the State of New Jersey is required
- BLS/CPR Certification by American Heart Association is required
- One (1) or more years of med/surg or oncology nursing experience is required
- Oncology nursing experience is preferred
- BSN is preferred or willing to acquire within 3 years of hire
- OCN is preferred
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy course is preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.