How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
The Registered Dietitian develops, implements and promotes quality, evidence based nutrition care to meet the needs of the patients in the acute care setting. Supports facility and department initiatives to maintain quality of care for in-patients. Supports community events to promote health and improve the nutrition status of the communities served by Hackensack Meridian Health.
***Please Note: This position is for three days a week (Tuesday, Thursday and one varied day).
A day in the life of an Registered Dietician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Utilizes the Nutrition Care Process (NCP) to develop, implement, and monitor evidence based medical nutrition therapy interventions for patients as assigned.
- Obtains appropriate data, analyzes and interprets data utilizing evidence based guidelines, develops and implements evidence-based nutrition interventions and care plans, and monitors the progress of nutrition interventions by evaluating patient outcomes.
- Provides nutrition education and/or counseling as appropriate.
- Actively participates as a member of the health care team caring for the patient.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition or related field required
- Credentialed Professional (Registered Dietitian) through the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) within 60 days of hire required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Registered Dietitian preferred
- Critical care experience preferred
- Research skills. Detail oriented. Planning skills. Customer/client orientation. Interpersonal skills. Oral and written communication skills. Leadership skills
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.