How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Radiology Team at Ocean Medical Center provides Diagnostic Imaging in the areas of Ultrasound, Women's, MRI, Cat Scan, Mammography, nuclear and x-ray. Here are some highlights:
- OMC is a Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence, the only one of the southern Hackensack Meridian Hospitals.
- OMC had the highest team satisfaction scores of the network in 2017.
- Women's Imaging at OMC had the highest patient satisfaction scores in 2017.
- The Radiology Room became a show site for OMC with a new fluoroscopy machine which is the first one in North America. The technology was just approved in September 2018.
- OMC is a teaching hospital in x-ray and all other departments. We accept students from Brookdale, Middlesex, Rutgers and JFK.
- OMC's Nuclear Department performs imaging tests that aren't offered anywhere else.
- Radiology has newer equipment and there is cross training between sub-departments.
- Retention is high and turnover is low in Radiology at OMC.
Here are some ways that our Radiology Team demonstrates Hackensack Meridian Health's Culture:
- Collaboration is a strong part of Radiology's culture. The sub-departments of Radiology all work together to support each other, whether it's by providing staff, answering questions, or training.
- Creativity is part of the day-to-day in Radiology because sometimes creative ways of imaging patients are needed.
- Compassion is important, because many patients are scared and have not had radiology testing done before.
- Courage is important because team members must speak up if they see something, such as a missing diagnostic test to ensure safety during an imaging procedure.
A day in the life of a Radiology Tech at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Ensures that patient cases are properly recorded into RIS and procedures are tracked accurately. Utilization of SMS, PACS, RIS and CR downtime procedure.
- Thoroughly familiar with technical procedures, to include fluoroscopy studies, and radiation safety procedures.
- Ensures that patient images and paperwork are properly recorded into PACS.
- Reads, understands and accurately implements physicians’ prescriptions/orders.
- Studies are performed to approved set of exam protocols by radiologists. Notification of relevant priors to radiologists as needed
- Verifies name and properly identifies patient prior to procedure being performed. Uses two ID’s to ensure compliance with national patient safety goals.
- Follows established protocol for administration of contrast. Interviews patient and reviews chart to ensure safe administration of contrast to patient. Properly completes contrast and patient history questionnaire.
- Reports med variable issues as needed.
- Thoroughly explains all procedures to patient, thus alleviating fears and/or anxiety, and to provide a "well orchestrated experience”.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced hospital environment
- Must be a graduate of a two-year accredited Radiology Tech Program
- Must be ARRT Registered with NJDEP License
- BLS/CPR Certification by American Heart Association is required
- Applicants who participated in clinical rotations at JSUMC and OMC are preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.