Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency
Internal Medicine Residency Program Director
Hackensack Meridian Health
Ocean University Medical Center
Brick, New Jersey
Ocean University Medical Center (OUMC) is recruiting for an Internal Medicine Residency Program Director (PD) to guide and lead the program’s continued growth and success. The ideal candidate will be an experienced clinician-educator with a passion for mentorship and educational planning. The Program Director will administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating resident physicians in each of the ACGME competency areas and in conformance with Hackensack Meridian Health’s policies and procedures. OUMC is fully accredited by ACGME and has 45 residents in the program. The PD will also work with the Fellowship Director of a Sleep Medicine Fellowship at the Institution. The Residency Program Director is a 70% time commitment, reporting to the HMH Co-Chief Academic Officer/Designated Institutional Official for GME (DIO). In the remainder of his/her 30%, the PD will work in an HMH faculty practice.
OUMC has established a robust educational program in a collaborative environment. In addition to Internal Medicine and a Sleep Medicine Fellowship, the institution sponsors a total of 120 trainees in the following programs (in addition to IM and Sleep Medicine): Transitional Year (TY), Family Medicine, Psychiatry, Pharmacy, and a Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship.
Program director duties include:
Oversight of Education
- Oversee and ensure the quality of didactic and clinical education in all sites that participate in the program;
- Review, update, and revise didactic and clinical educational curricula as needed;
- Select and oversee work of associate program directors and/or core faculty; evaluate their GME-related performance annually; enter evaluations in New Innovations;
- Approve a local director at each participating site who is accountable for resident education; and must comply with GME protocol for approval of training sites;
- Approve the selection and, based on annual evaluations of faculty performance, the continuation of program faculty as appropriate; and maintain an accurate current list of core (“key”) faculty for accreditation purposes (through the ACGME Accreditation Data System (ADS));
Compliance with Regulatory Requirements
- Provide accurate information on resident schedules and rotations in support of GME reimbursement from Medicare and others. This is accomplished by ensuring correct and timely entry of schedules in New Innovations pertinent to monthly rotation data submission;
- Ensure faculty document their supervision of residents, in accordance with regulatory bodies, in the medical record;
Maintenance of Accreditation
- Monitor resident supervision at all participating sites; ensure the supervision of residents through distribution of explicit written descriptions of supervisory lines of responsibility for the care of patients to all faculty and residents; provide residents with prompt, reliable systems for communicating and interacting with supervisory physicians;
- Establish and maintain a standing Clinical Competency Committee to assess resident achievement of milestones on a twice-yearly basis, at minimum; maintain minutes of the meetings; enter milestone assessments in New Innovations;
- Monitor resident record of all required index cases and/or procedures and ensure data is entered in ADS (if required by the ACGME) or New Innovations; in accordance with guidelines established by specialty; adjust schedules or assignments as required to ensure residents achieve adequate case volumes; establish guidelines for procedural supervision that include assessing indications, contraindications, anatomical landmarks, technical skills, anticipating and managing complications, and obtaining informed consent;
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- MD, DO, and/or MBA
- Board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM)
- Involved in ongoing clinical activity
- At least three years of experience in graduate medical education (i.e., successfully holding a position as a Program Director, Director of Medical Education, or a Designated Institutional Official).
- A well-developed skill set related to leadership, management, communication, collegiality, teamwork, change agency and cultural sensitivity is necessary.
For immediate consideration, please submit your Cover Letter and CV to Nancy Massa, physician recruiter, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (732) 890-9339
HACKENSACK MERIDIAN HEALTH
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.