Practice Manager-Urgent Care (Phyician Practice)
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Manages practice operations, and business functions including, but not limited to, scheduling, registration, billing, collection, patient and team member satisfaction, and purchasing. Supervises clinical and clerical team members and serves as liaison between the practice and administration.
A day in the life of a Practice Manager for Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Office Management:
- Acts as a liaison between the Practice Administrator, the providers, and the team members. Coordinates activates between clinical and clerical team members to promote team work and facilitates intra-office communication and problem solving.
- Manages team members and leads by example to ensure patients and visitors are greeted and taken care of in the proper manner.
- Answers patient's questions and concerns, monitors flow of patients within the office, and ensures team members and patients are aware of delays.
- Manages an active, ongoing process of improving patient satisfaction that is specific and measurable and provides regular progress reports to administration. Proactively addresses facility issues, coordinates property work orders and repairs, and sees required approval when needed
- Operation Improvement:
- Work with the Practice Administrator to develop and implement goals and objectives.
- Recommends and implements organization policies and procedures.
- Oversees all areas of office operation and acts as a resource to staff and physicians.
- Ensures office has adequate inventory and monitors purchasing while remaining within budget parameters. Seeks out opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce expenses.
- Billing/Financial Oversight:
- Responsible for overseeing the billing practices within the office.
- Ensures key functions such as accurate data entry of demographic information, charge and payment posting, and end of day procedures are completed as needed.
- Keeps abreast of reimbursement procedures and insurance requirements and regulations.
- Runs billing reports regularly on appointment reconciliation reports and visit data.
- Maintains records of daily deposits, monitors physician performance and productivity, and provides necessary feedback to improve efficiencies.
- Prepares monthly reports on visits, new patient volumes, hospital volumes, surgical volumes, expense variances, OT Explanations, and revenue that are submitted to the Practice Administrator before the end of the month.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior. 7. Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 2 years supervisory experience or Associate Degree - Business Management or related health field
- Supervisory experience required;
- Excellent communication skills, leadership abilities, positive attitude, ability to multitask, organized, flexible;
- Computer knowledge
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree- Business Management or related health field
- Knowledge of Epic
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.