How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealthour teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Shore Rehabilitation Institute isa 40 bed Acute Rehabilitation Hospital, part of the Hackensack Meridian Health System. We offer comprehensive rehabilitation to individuals to regain quality of life after disability due to a disease or injury. Our emphasis is on maximizing functional independence in order to return patients to the community. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team collaborating to provide individualized quality intervention to a varied diagnostic population consisting of Stroke, Brain injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Guillian-Barre, Amputee, Cardiac post- surgical, pulmonary, complex orthopedics, and the medically complex. Shore Rehabilitation is currently Joint Commission and CARF certified, with Brain Injury and Stroke CARF specialty certifications.
Responsibilities include inpatient evaluation/re-evaluations, therapeutic intervention and discharge planning. Preparation for patient discharge includes: durable medical equipment coordination. Therapists provide clinical coverage to our OP program as needed. There is a strong emphasis on customer service and quality care.
Physical Therapists at Shore Rehabilitation Institute always celebrate our beliefs - Compassionate, Creative, Courageous, andCollaborative. Our team is flexible, friendly, dependable, respectful, and positive.
A day in the life of a Physical Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Shore Rehabilitation Institute includes:
- Provides patient evaluations to develop a goal oriented functional treatment plan, addressing the patient’s needs for a safe discharge to the community.
- Demonstrating competency/safety with clinical intervention
- Opportunity to treat a varied patient diagnostic caseload
- Individualized patient care treatments provided in a spacious therapy gym
- Generous equipment availability for therapeutic implementation including the technology of Zero G® body support gait training and Bioness L300
- Physician led, interdisciplinary team collaboration for individualized patient centered care planning
- Peer support from an experienced staff with strength in collaboration for best practice patient care
- Electronic Medical Record for documentation efficiency
- NJ PT license required
- Graduated from an APTA accredited program or equivalent.
- CPR BLS certification required
- Previous inpatient acute rehab experience preferred, sub-acute rehabilitation experience considered
- Good communication skills
- Availability- to work at least one weekend day per month and two holiday weekend per year.
- Availability- to provide coverage during the work week Monday-Friday as needed
- Strong team oriented work ethics
- Ability to navigate computer systems, be flexible/adaptable, and have a positive attitude
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
- Availability for weekend and Holiday rotation is require
- Flexibility to provide coverage to SRI Outpatient as needed
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.