Physical Therapist-Ocean County-Home Care-Part Time
"How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our full- and part-time benefit eligible team members by offering a Total Rewards package including comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401(k) match and Tuition Reimbursement.Per Diem team members are eligible to participate in the 401(k) match and Travel Reimbursement. Atwww.TeamHMH.com, you’ll find the information, resources and tools that will help you to be successful at HMH. From great benefits and innovative wellness programs, to robust learning and development opportunities, we continue to cultivate an exceptional work environment where you can do the kind of work that leads to fulfillment and professional growth.
Responsible for providing professional rehabilitation therapy to patients in their home through evaluation, development and implementation of individual goal-oriented therapy programs in accordance with organization policies and procedures and external organizations.
- Complete patient evaluation within the specified time frame and assure it contains data that is reflective of a complete, holistic assessment of the client's condition.
- Develop an individualized treatment program based on the evaluation findings focusing on time-oriented, functional and measurable short and long-term goals.
- Prepare appropriate system documentation, such as progress notes, reassessments and discharge summaries according to policy and procedures. Assure that progress notes and reassessments reflect skilled care and monitor the patient¿s status and progress towards goal achievement.
- Assure documentation is precise. Assure documentation is submitted in a timely manner and supports the need for continued skilled care in the home.
- Assure that service delivery follows the frequency an duration on the physician's plan of care for the client.
- Act as liaison among physician, MCP and other members of the health care team to ensure effective coordination, appropriate resource referral, and utilization of home health aide services.
- Act as a supervising therapist to the Physician Therapy Assistant (PTA). Assess the ability of the PTA to perform the selected interventions as directed on an ongoing basis. Assure co-signatures are performed within regulatory time-frames.
- Educate the patient and/or caregiver in a written home program. Submit a copy of the program for the medical record according to policy.
- Provide comprehensive education to patients and/or caregivers based upon their identified needs in a manner that they are able to understand.
- Develop a rapport and mutual respect with the patient to foster an optimum environment for goal achievement. Implement the treatment plan utilizing correct and appropriate clinical skills and techniques. Independently meet productivity requirements on a consistent basis.
- Participate in discharge planning throughout the patient's course of care. Address problem areas appropriately.
- Complete scheduling requirements timely and accurately by updating and submitting new and changed schedules through appropriate system applications.
- Respond to voice mail and messages in a timely manner.
- Document case communication with other members of the health care team as appropriate throughout the patient's course of care utilizing secure messaging through appropriate application.
- Assure the discharge summary indicates the patient's current status, outcomes achieved and recommendations for further services or interventions.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Demonstrate flexibility with job responsibilities in all areas.
- Adheres to HMHs Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 50 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 8 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor Degree in Physical Therapy (PT)
- Minimum of Six (6) Months PT Experience
- PC Experience/Skills
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Physical Therapist License.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.