Per Diem-Speech Language Path - Rehab
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealthour teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Shore Rehabilitation Institute isa 40 bed Acute Rehabilitation Hospital, part of the Hackensack Meridian Health System. We offer comprehensive rehabilitation to individuals to regain quality of life after disability due to a disease or injury. Our emphasis is on maximizing functional independence in order to return patients to the community. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team collaborating to provide individualized quality intervention to a varied diagnostic population consisting of Stroke, Brain injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Guillian-Barre, Amputee, Cardiac post- surgical, pulmonary, complex orthopedics, and the medically complex. Shore Rehabilitation is currently Joint Commission and CARF certified, with Brain Injury and Stroke CARF specialty certifications.
Responsibilities include inpatient evaluation/re-evaluations, therapeutic intervention and discharge planning. Preparation for patient discharge includes: durable medical equipment coordination. Therapists provide clinical coverage to our OP program as needed. There is a strong emphasis on customer service and quality care.
Speech Language Pathologists at Shore Rehabilitation Institute always celebrate our beliefs - Compassionate, Creative, Courageous, andCollaborative. Our team is flexible, friendly, dependable, respectful, and positive.
A day in the life of a Speech Pathologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Responsibility for evaluating, planning and implementing a goal oriented Speech Pathology treatment program that focuses on speech-language disorder, swallowing impairments/dysfunction, and cognitive functioning to achieve an optimal level of independence
- Gathering all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient’s needs, including testing and consultations with other health care professionals, as appropriate
- Incorporating evaluative findings in establishing time-oriented functional and measurable short and long-term goals, while considering both the patient’s and caregiver’s goals in the formulation of the plan of care
- Developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement
- Provides and documents education to patients/caregivers based upon identified learning needs in an understandable manner
- Current and valid New Jersey Speech Pathologist license and Certificate of Clinical Competence awarded by CASHA required
- CPR certification required, or must obtain prior to starting with us
- A minimum of 1 year of licensed Speech Pathologist
- Previous inpatient and outpatient experience highly preferred
- Experience in Acute rehav is preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.