Per Diem RN, Outpatient Oncology
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
To provide care to the oncology patient within the infusion suite and multidisciplinary clinic.
Ocean Medical Center is redefining cancer care with the opening of its greatly expanded cancer center. Patients will have access to best in class services and treatments in a state-of-the-art, tranquil environment. The comprehensive cancer center offers timely access to exceptional cancer specialists and the widest range of innovative treatments including infusion, radiation therapy, and surgery. As part of Meridian Cancer Care, Ocean Medical Center houses the most powerful and precise tools in the fight against cancer. The center is home to the TrueBeam linear accelerator which offers the most advanced non-invasive radiation treatment available to manage cancers throughout the body. By pairing specialists and experts in the field of cancer with robust resources, facilities, and technologies, Meridian Cancer Care is committed to getting patients back to the life they love.
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse at Meridian includes:
- Delivery of nursing practices according to the most up-to-date evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient care.
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient’s status, rendered care and treatment plans.
- Medication administration utilizing the newest advancements in bar-scanning and documentation technologies designed to ensure the safest delivery of medications to our patients.
- Ongoing Point-of-Care electronic documentation of each individual patient’s assessments, plan-of-care, interventions and evaluation of rendered care.
- Patient and family centered education aimed at optimizing health, wellness and disease management.
- Multi-disciplinary discharging of patients to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care.
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
- BLS/CPR certification by American Heart Association is required
- BSN required (or must be currently attending BSN program)
- Oncology nursing experience is preferred
- Chemo/biotherapy certification is preferred
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) is preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and abilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.