Per Diem-Physical Therapist - Inpatient Acute Rehab
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Shore Rehabilitation Institute is a 40 bed Acute Rehabilitation Hospital, part of the Hackensack Meridian Health System. We offer comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation to individuals to regain quality of life after disability due to a disease or injury. Our emphasis is on maximizing functional independence to return patients to the community. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team collaborating to provide individualized quality intervention to a varied diagnostic population consisting of Stroke, Brain injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Guillian-Barre, Amputee, Cardiac post- surgical, pulmonary, complex orthopedics, and the medically complex. Shore Rehabilitation is currently Joint Commission and CARF certified, with Brain Injury and Stroke CARF specialty certifications.
Responsibilities include evaluation/re-evaluations, therapeutic interventions and discharge planning. Team conferences, family meetings and collaboration of care is critical to our success. All treatments are 1:1, individualized and quality focused.
Team members are encouraged to participate in program development through continued education and participation in program improvement committees. There is a strong emphasis on clinical advancement and quality care.
Physical Therapists at Shore Rehabilitation Institute always celebrate our beliefs - Compassionate, Creative, Courageous, and Collaborative. Our team is flexible, friendly, dependable, respectful, and positive.
A day in the life of a Physical Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Shore Rehabilitation Institute includes:
- Responsible for the provision of physical therapy services including but not limited to evaluation and treatment of an assigned caseload of patients.
- Supports the Mission, Values, and Philosophy of the HMH network.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and Standards of Behavior.
- Evaluation and Treatment of an assigned caseload of patients.
- Maintain documentation standards.
- Participation in the Interdisciplinary Team process.
- Assist in carrying out the performance improvement plans of the facility/department.
- Participation in continuing education programs.
- Support the goals and objectives of the department.
- Participation in the process of Performance Management.
- Provides supervision and direction to PTA, PT students, therapy technicians and volunteers.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy program or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of clinical experience.
- Advance certifications
- Maintain a current New Jersey PT License.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.