Patient Care Technician - PACU - P/T with Benefits Days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Patient Care Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Providing patient care, based on physical, psychosocial, education, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the guests/patients served in assigned service
- Providing for effective and safe guest/patients outcomes through practice, judgment and critical actions
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient's status and rendered care
- Taking self-directed or self-motivated initiative to do more than is expected or required in the job, acting before being required to by events, improving job performance, and/or creating new opportunities
- Participating in interdisciplinary collaboration of our patient's plan of care from admission to discharge to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care
- Participating in Unit/Department Performance Improvement [PI] activities
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- Completion of Meridian Nursing Assistant Program or
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification or
- Current Nursing Student, having completed fundamentals in nursing clinical rotation or
- Equivalent bedside nursing experience, such as home health aides, military hospital corpsman or medic or Emergency Medical Technician
- Experienced or certified in phlebotomy and checking EKG, vital signs and blood sugar preferred
- BLS/CPR certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) is required
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
- At least one (1) year PCT or CNA experience in a hospital setting strongly preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.