Patient Care Technician, Acute Care Rehab, Full time, Part time, Per Diem
Hackensack Meridian Health
is looking for
Talented Patient Care Technicians for Shore Rehabilitation Institute, Brick NJ!
Full-time, Part-Time, Per Diem Opportunities
(days, evenings, weekend shifts available)
Located adjacent to Ocean Medical Center in Brick, NJ, SRI is fully accredited by the Joint Commission as an acute rehabilitation hospital, providing a broad spectrum of rehabilitation services.
SRI offers an experienced, energetic team of professionals determined to help patients achieve their highest level of function. This multi-disciplinary team provides a full continuum of rehabilitative care while individualizing treatment plans based on each patient’s unique needs. Bringing together the latest in rehabilitation technology, with the expertise & care of our team, SRI is committed to restoring your life back to you.
*Shifts may be 12 or 8 hours
A day in the life of a Patient Care Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Providing patient care, based on physical, psychosocial, education, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the guests/patients served in assigned service
- Providing for effective and safe guest/patients outcomes through practice, judgment and critical actions
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient's status and rendered care
- Taking self-directed or self-motivated initiative to do more than is expected or required in the job, acting before being required to by events, improving job performance, and/or creating new opportunities
- Participating in interdisciplinary collaboration of our patient's plan of care from admission to discharge to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care
- Participating in Unit/Department Performance Improvement [PI] activities
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- Completion of Meridian Nursing Assistant Program or
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification or
- Current Nursing Student, having completed fundamentals in nursing clinical rotation or
- Equivalent bedside nursing experience, such as home health aides, military hospital corpsman or medic or Emergency Medical Technician
- Experienced or certified in phlebotomy and checking EKG, vital signs and blood sugar preferred
- BLS/CPR certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) is required
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
- At least one (1) year PCT or CNA experience in a hospital setting strongly preferred
- Per diem positions require the ability to work 3 weekend shifts in a 6 week schedule. 1 winter and 1 summer holiday
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.