Outptnt Oncology Coordinator
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Responsible for the coordination and support of Outpatient Oncology business processes and services including statistic reporting and implementation of business strategies as directed by leadership which includes department level accountability for quality initiatives and patient satisfaction to ensure the best experience for all patients and guests. Establishes reporting of key information for Administrative reports, coordinates and conducts monthly staff meetings and daily Huddles. Provides office support services and coordination of business process and services for Radiation Oncology, Outpatient Infusion, Navigation, Social work and Nutritional services including modifying/adapting business activities (in consultation with department leadership) as needed in response to changing financial situations. Partners with leadership to establish and align departmental goals and modify tactics to ensure success.
A day in the life of a Outptnt Oncology Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Provides support and coordination of operational tasks and initiatives in alignment with hospital and care transformation services strategic goals. Develops and implements initiatives at the direction of department leadership to support current and future growth of outpatient oncology at OMC.
2. Work with hospital teams to create, track and trend a referrals process that builds and grows volume and relationships. Informs leadership on areas of opportunity in the process to improve and streamline department operations.
3. As a SuperUser identify MRN duplicates, ensure entries are correct, and reconciles scheduling between Aria and Epic. Reeducate users demonstrating difficulty with Aria and Epic reconciliation.
4. Manages the day-to-day front desk operations, scheduling in OP Infusion and radiation oncology areas to maintain the highest levels of patient, physician and team member satisfaction.
5. Establishes strong working relationships throughout the system to coordinate business/financial objectives and activities.
6. Track, analyze, and report on relevant data and metrics as needed and/or requested. Assist with assembling NAPBC and Colorectal program data. Develop, recommend and/or implement actions or process improvements as appropriate. Submits reports as directed. 7. Gathers Patient Satisfaction data and records in an excel format.
8. Navigates WB Mason and Staples ordering for outpatient infusion, front desk, nurse navigators, therapist, and radiation oncologist and radiation oncology nursing Accounting for Mother Hen Fund, including Lyft, pharmacy and nutritional supplements.
9. In collaboration with the radiation and infusion oncology managers assist with calculating and projecting necessary equipment needs.
10. Regularly monitors relevant key financial indicators. Responsible for monitoring and reporting any budget deviation for assigned areas.
11. Acts as a role model for staff on responsiveness to customer satisfaction issues; resolves difficult or challenging situations in an innovative manner; consistently plans ahead to decrease inconveniences. Demonstrates a high degree of sensitivity for privacy and confidentiality. Promotes a culture of dignity and respect and holds team members accountable to the same standards. Aligns with hospital goals and initiatives.
12. Assist patients with financial applications, Charity Care, Medicare and Medicaid. Working with the hospital finance team and patients. Assist and screen patients with logistical filing of Medicare, Medicaid and Charity Care documents.
13. Functions as a liaison between the aforementioned areas, the community, and represents OMC Cancer services at community events, physician outreach, onboarding and promotion of services.
14. All other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree.
2. Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
3. Epic trained Super User.
4. Aria experience necessary.
5. 5. Minimum of 3 years experience directly related to Oncology services.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.