Outpatient Scheduler - SRI - F/T Days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Outpatient Scheduling Secretary schedules patients for outpatient services and verifies insurances.
A day in the life of an Outpatient Scheduler at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Completes intakes/ screens for services /schedules rehab appointments for multi service patients
- Schedules patients for requested services.
- Contacts insurance carriers to determine coverage including Medicare utilization.
- Understands the impact of insurance / reimbursement practices and requirements
- Education/ Informs patients about admission process, coverage for services and co-pays.
- Disseminates intakes of prospective outpatients to team members.
- Coordinates scheduling with community referrals including hospital case managers
- Register/discharges outpatients as appropriate.
- Participate in Performance Improvement activities for outpatient rehab services
- Escalates safety concerns to Outpatient Therapy Manager with cancellations and medical issues
- Coordinates continuity of care and schedule with SRI Case Management for inpatient to outpatient referral process.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
- Minimum of two years of secretarial experience in a health care.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Accurately perform data entry.
- Graduate of a secretarial school.
- Excellent communication/phone skills.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.