How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of an Occupational Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Gathering all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient’s needs, including testing and consultations with other health care professionals in our behavioral health unit
- Administering evaluations in a manner appropriate to the patient's disability, demonstrating respect for the patient's needs
- Incorporating evaluative findings in establishing time-oriented functional and measurable short and long-term goals, while considering both the patient’s and caregivers goals in the formulation of the plan of care
- Developing and implementing individualized and group therapy treatment programs, including use of the Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP), based on established goals
- Developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement
- Recommending and providing education related to utilization of appropriate occupational therapy equipment
- Providing and documenting education to patients/caregivers based upon identified learning needs in an understandable manner
- NJ license OTR to perform evaluations and treatment for various patient diagnoses including all major behavioral health conditions, including geriatric patients with dementia and those suffering from severe depression, anxiety and other disorders
- NJ OT license required
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited school; Advanced degree preferred
- BLS CPR certification is required or must obtain before starting with us
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attitude and flexibility
- Behavioral health experience preferred
- Acute Care experience preferred
- Weekends required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.