Evaluates, plans and implements a goal oriented Occupational Therapy treatment program that focuses on restoring function, activities of daily living, fine motor skills/coordination, cognitive functioning and preventing further disability as a result of trauma, disease, amputation, congenital defects, surgery and other debilitating illnesses. Provides an optimum environment for functional goal achievement. Utilizes interdisciplinary collaboration and available resources to provide care.
A day in the life of an Occupational Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Gathering all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient's needs, including testing and consultations with other health care professionals, as appropriate.
- Administering evaluations in a manner appropriate to the patient's disability, demonstrating respect for the patient's needs.
- Incorporating evaluative findings in establishing time-oriented functional and measurable short and long-term goals,.
- Developing and implementing individualized treatment programs based on established goals.
- Developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement.
- Recommending and providing education related to utilization of appropriate occupational therapy equipment (i.e. assistive devices, taping, bracing).
- Providing and documenting education to patients/caregivers based upon identified learning needs in an understandable manner.
Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy
Registered by AOTA
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.