Occupational Therapist - JRI- Inpatient Acute Rehab - Per Diem Days
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
JRI is a 40 bed Acute Rehabilitation Hospital, part of the Hackensack Meridian Health System. We offer comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation to individuals to regain quality of life after disability due to a disease or injury. Our emphasis is on maximizing functional independence in order to return patients to the community. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team collaborating to provide individualized quality intervention to a varied diagnostic population consisting of Stroke, Brain injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Guillian-Barre, Amputee, Cardiac post- surgical, pulmonary, complex orthopedics, and the medically complex. Shore Rehabilitation is currently Joint Commission and CARF certified, with Brain Injury and Stroke CARF specialty certifications.
Responsibilities include inpatient/ outpatient evaluation/re-evaluations, therapeutic intervention and discharge planning. . Therapists provide clinical coverage to our IP and OP program as needed. There is a strong emphasis on customer service and quality care.
A day in the life of an Occupational Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Gathering all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient's needs, including testing and consultations with other health care professionals, as appropriate.
- Administering evaluations in a manner appropriate to the patient's disability, demonstrating respect for the patient's needs.
- Incorporating evaluative findings in establishing time-oriented functional and measurable short and long-term goals,.
- Developing and implementing individualized treatment programs based on established goals.
- Developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement.
- Recommending and providing education related to utilization of appropriate occupational therapy equipment (i.e. assistive devices, taping, bracing).
- Providing and documenting education to patients/caregivers based upon identified learning needs in an understandable manner.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school is required
- A current and valid New Jersey Occupational Therapy license is required
- CPR certification is required, or must obtain after being hired
- Acute Rehab and/or outpatient experience preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.