Nurse Supervisor, Registered Nurse
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Hackensack Meridian Nursing and Rehab (HMNR) offers various programs designed to advance your nursing skills and your career! To ensure that our nurses can balance work, life and continuing education, HMNR makes it a priority to accommodate flexible work schedules for nurses who are enrolled in nursing degree programs.
In addition, nurses who are new to HMH and meet eligibility and scheduling requirements are eligible for SIGN-ON BONUSES as follows:
RN - $5,000
LPN - $3,000
Each of our sites offers varied shift pattern options for RNs and LPNs:
Bayshore Health Care Center: Four 10-hour shifts (40 hours)
Nursing & Rehab at Wall: Three 12-hour shifts (36 hours)
Nursing & Rehab at Brick: Three 12-hour shifts or five 8-hour shifts (36 or 4o hours)
Nursing & Rehab at Shrewsbury: Four 10-hour shifts or five 8-hour shifts (40 hours)
Manor by the Sea in Ocean Grove: Five 8-hour shifts (40 hours)
The Willows in Holmdel: Five 8-hour shifts (40 hours)
The Hackensack Meridian Nursing and Rehabilitation (HMNR) RN Nurse Residency Program is a twelve-month program developed to expand upon the critical thinking capacity of new RNs as they are guided and supported in the transition from student nurse to RN practice. Nurse Residents (NR) are expected to be active participants, fully engaged in the learning process and committed to completing the requirements of this twelve-month program. There are two tracks: one for new to practice licensed RNs and one for seasoned Rehab LPNs who have attained an RN License. At the completion of the twelve-month program, there is a graduation ceremony and a monetary award of $1,000 for each graduate! After graduation, the RN will be eligible to apply for the Senior Nurse position, which is an introduction to Leadership responsibilities/roles.
Hackensack Meridian Health Nursing and Rehabilitation's (HMNR) Clinical Ladder Program, signified as the Clinical Advancement and Recognition of Excellence or C.A.R.E., is an outcome based clinical recognition program for which clinical nurses are acknowledged and rewarded for achieving and demonstrating increased levels of expertise, and for their ability to make an impact on resident/patient outcomes at the bedside. All part-time (over 20 hours/week) and full-time clinical nurses who have met expectations on the Annual Performance Appraisal are eligible to apply after one (1) year of service. This includes all "hands-on" RNs and LPNs, including unit managers, supervisors, and case managers. Additional compensation of $1 per hour is provided to approved participants who satisfy the activity requirements and eligibility standards of this program.
In addition to these programs, RNs receive additional compensation for earning their BSN and earning and maintaining up to two approved nursing certifications.
We encourage you to review all of our benefits offerings at www.teamhmh.com!
A day in the life of a Senior RN at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Ensures appropriate clinical practice activities of the nursing staff are being delivered to patients within the established standards of care.
2. Conducts Unit rounds and ensures completion of all new admissions, orders, care plans, CNA assignments, documentation, weight, vital signs and lab order entry.
3. Works in conjunction with in-service education to present new policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure off shift staff is aware.
4. Provides appropriate professional growth opportunities for staff and self to enhance leadership skills and recognizes staff accomplishments.
5. Conducts clinical audits on charting including but not limited to wound care, psych drug monitoring, and new orders as needed.
6. Participates in weekend nursing supervision coverage.
7. Assists the Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing in developing the key indicator report by tracking all pertinent clinical data when necessary.
8. Directly involved in the orientation of new staff, including nurse training.
9. Performs evaluations of new staff and makes recommendations.
10. Acts as liaison between staff, patients and patient families.
11. Attends monthly leadership meetings.
12. Ensures each shift has sufficient nurse coverage and prepares for oncoming shifts.
- Current RN license
- BSN preferred
- 5+ years RN med/surg experience; detail oriented, flexibility.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.