Medical Staff Secretary - SRI - F/T Days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
This position provides support to the physicians in the PM&R Department. Responsible for the appropriate management of a high volume of phone calls and faxes. Must obtain all insurance verifications/authorizations of benefits for procedures and enters all data into the system prior to all patient appointments. Schedules patients, manages physicians daily schedules, confirms patients, fills cancelled appointments from waiting list. Ensures that physician schedules are filled and productive. Keeps Aftercare cancellations to a minimum by using department scripting and confirming Aftercare patients one week and then one day prior to appointments. Handles physician office correspondence including signatures for orders and returning orders via fax. Backup support for Inpatient Admissions, Medical Assistant and Office Manager.
A day in the life of a Medical Staff Secretary at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Maintains physicians' daily schedules.
- Communicates to physicians and team when there is a change or delay to the schedule.
- Initiates and ensures accuracy and completion of all demographic, insurance and authorizations for all appointments and procedures.
- Scans all records necessary into EPIC prior to appointments.
- Schedules/modifies appointments in accordance with departmental guidelines and as directed by physician or Office Manager.
- Follows up with patients as directed by physician or Office Manager
- Sends copies of pertinent reports and results to referring and primary care physicians.
- Completes all registration in EPIC for Aftercare appointments.
- Follows department guidelines involving confirmation calls to Aftercare appointments.
- Answers and appropriately screens and triages calls.
- Takes clear and accurate messages and takes appropriate and timely action.
- Appropriately screens all emails, faxes and other requests expeditiously.
- Always follows proper business office decorum with all patients, family members and team members.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Secretarial or medical office certification.
- Current experience in a high volume medical office setting.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel and EPIC.
- Knowledge and practice of proper business office and telephone decorum at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent interaction with other team members a must.
- Knowledge and use of on-line as well as telephone insurance referral/verification and authorization processing.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.