Maintenance Mechanic - Full Time - Day
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Maintenance Mechanic will perform all maintenance functions to ensure safe, clean, comfortable and functioning patient rooms and interior/exterior environment. Responsible for maintaining all equipment, monitoring work orders and adhering to all regulatory requirements.
- Act as a liaison for new construction projects, meets and coordinates with vendors, assists with technical designs and planned utility shutdowns.
- Maintains construction project turnover document files. Maintains all logs, shift reports, PM¿s, work order closeouts and shift service reports to include on-line data entry. Changes in operational conditions and down-time situations must be communicated in a timely manner.
- Maintains patient environment of care, room meets the requirements of the checklist, proactive to customer needs. Demonstrate the ability to maintain, operate and repair all equipment.
- Performs all interior environment of care maintenance: changing of bulbs, ballasts, switches, outlets etc., plunging of toilets and sinks, nurse call repairs, repair holes inwalls, painting, changing ceiling tiles, and moving furniture.
- Maintains PM schedule with prescribed programmed checklist, PM¿s completed on time within schedule. Follows up on any additional work required as a result of the inspection in a timely manner.
- Renders assistance during emergency situations. Arrives to all fire and/or emergencies with an acceptable time frame with correct equipment. Identifies anything that could negatively affect the safety and well-being of others.
- Requisitions for all parts and equipment are written out completely and accurately. Inventory is maintained on site at correct levels.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment. All work must be conducted under OSHA standards and all proper personal protective equipment.
- Maintains all Joint Commission and State documentation. Responds to phone calls and messages as required.
- Maintains Joint Commission part 4 Log Book compliance.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Thorough knowledge of supplies, equipment, ordering process.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- 3 to 5 years Maintenance experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Previous maintenance experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Needs to be Mechanically inclined or have skilled experience in one or more of the following trades: Carpentry, HVAC, Electricity, plumbing or other relevant mechanical trade.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to direct staff and keep projects on schedule.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.