Licensed Practical Nurse-Home Care-Ocean County-Full Time-Benefits
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our full- and part-time benefit eligible team members by offering a Total Rewards package including comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401(k) match and Tuition Reimbursement.Per Diem team members are eligible to participate in the 401(k) match and Travel Reimbursement. Atwww.TeamHMH.com, you’ll find the information, resources and tools that will help you to be successful at HMH. From great benefits and innovative wellness programs, to robust learning and development opportunities, we continue to cultivate an exceptional work environment where you can do the kind of work that leads to fulfillment and professional growth."
"Are you a nurse who is looking for a change? Do you feel overwhelmed and spread too thin in your current job? A return to the HOME could make you fall in love with nursing all over again! Focus on one patient at a time with Hackensack Meridian Health At Home. Our nurses spend valuable and meaningful 1:1 time with patients in their homes, where they feel most comfortable. Do what you do best, with a flexible schedule in a setting with fewer distractions."
Provide nursing care to patients in their homes through assessment, development, implementation and evaluation. Provide home nursing care needs of assigned patients under the direction of an RN.
- Properly comply with appropriate physician orders in a timely manner. Chart, audit and demonstrate compliance on frequency and timely admission of referral.
- Assess the acuity of the patient in a timely and accurate manner. Communicate by use of secure messaging to appropriate people (i.e., physician, case managers). Assure documentation is completed in the EMR at time of visit.
- Independently prioritize and complete routine assignments consistently, accurately and within the guidelines under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Complete patient care related activities within scheduled frequencies. Issue appropriate frequencies directed by physicians. Obtain daily schedule by use of syncing into EMR application.
- Assure assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient care are reflective of policy, procedures and standard of care measured by complete and accurate documentation in EMR application.
- Complete and update patient plan of care as needed/required. Assure documentation that reflects plan of care is appropriate and current.
- Teach patients and families based on identified health needs. Chart, audit and demonstrate documentation of teaching goals and plans. Ensure teaching is appropriate by working with primary nurse.
- Report patients' problems to primary nurse or nursing management personnel with possible solutions. Assure appropriate documentation is evident in clinical record.
- Communicate pertinent patient information and plant of care to primary nurse. Obtain physician's orders as needed.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Demonstrate flexibility with job responsibilities in all areas.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 50 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 8 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of LPN Program
- Six (6) Months Experience
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Home Care Experience
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Licensed Practical Nurse
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.