- Requisition # 2023-135299
- StatusFull Time with Benefits
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Are you a nurse who is looking for a change? Do you feel overwhelmed and spread too thin in your current job? A return to the HOME could make you fall in love with nursing all over again! Focus on one patient at a time with Hackensack Meridian Health At Home. Our nurses spend valuable and meaningful 1:1 time with patients in their homes, where they feel most comfortable. Do what you do best, with a flexible schedule in a setting with fewer distractions.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our full- and part-time benefit eligible team members by offering a Total Rewards package including comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401(k) match and Tuition Reimbursement. Per Diem team members are eligible to participate in the 401(k) match and Travel Reimbursement. At www.TeamHMH.com, you’ll find the information, resources and tools that will help you to be successful at HMH. From great benefits and innovative wellness programs, to robust learning and development opportunities, we continue to cultivate an exceptional work environment where you can do the kind of work that leads to fulfillment and professional growth.
We invite you to listen to our team members share what it's like to be part of HMH's Home Care Team:
Provide nursing care to patients in their homes through assessment, development, implementation and evaluation. Provide home nursing care needs of assigned patients under the direction of an RN.
- Properly comply with appropriate physician orders in a timely manner. Chart, audit and demonstrate compliance on frequency and timely admission of referral.
- Assess the acuity of the patient in a timely and accurate manner. Communicate by use of secure messaging to appropriate people (i.e., physician, case managers). Assure documentation is completed in the EMR at time of visit.
- Independently prioritize and complete routine assignments consistently, accurately and within the guidelines under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Complete patient care related activities within scheduled frequencies. Issue appropriate frequencies directed by physicians. Obtain daily schedule by use of syncing into EMR application.
- Assure assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient care are reflective of policy, procedures and standard of care measured by complete and accurate documentation in EMR application.
- Complete and update patient plan of care as needed/required. Assure documentation that reflects plan of care is appropriate and current.
- Teach patients and families based on identified health needs. Chart, audit and demonstrate documentation of teaching goals and plans. Ensure teaching is appropriate by working with primary nurse.
- Report patients' problems to primary nurse or nursing management personnel with possible solutions. Assure appropriate documentation is evident in clinical record.
- Communicate pertinent patient information and plant of care to primary nurse. Obtain physician's orders as needed.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Demonstrate flexibility with job responsibilities in all areas.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 50 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 8 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an LPN Program or equivalent
- Six (6) Months Experience
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Home Care Experience
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Licensed Practical Nurse.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Security Officer- FTHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Intake Specialist- Per Diem- EveningHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
House Supervisor- Behavioral Health- P/T, E/O WeekendHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.