Licensed Clinical Social Worker/MSW
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The LCSW provides treatment to patients utilizing a variety of modalities as a member of the clinical treatment team of the assigned unit. This position also coordinates the care and management of patients and family members as well as bringing cases to final disposition and is primarily responsible for development and implementation of social work programs in their assigned unit.
A day in the life of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Provides a comprehensive assessment of patient's psychosocial needs, develops treatment plans and treatment plan reviews based on findings and according to department policy.
- Provides effective treatment to patients, whether assessment or therapy, and shares and interprets information to staff, families, and/or other approved agencies.
- Completes written reports in a timely fashion as required.
- Provides psychotherapeutic services to patients in accordance with Licensure regulations defined by the Board of Social Work Examiners and obtains and interprets information in terms of patient needs, knowledge of growth and development, and an understanding of the range of treatment required for that age group.
- Provides individual and psychotherapeutic services in accordance with current standards of practice, as developed by professional and licensing organizations, and defined and interpreted by supervisor.
- Provides case management services for comprehensive evaluations.
- Complies with unit practice standards relating to case management including addressing family and community resources, eligibility for entitlement programs, and other health care providers.
- Provides instruction to patients and families related to illness and expectations of treatment addressing their learning needs and learning style.
- Integrates discharge planning into ongoing treatment to assure a continuity of care for patient upon completion of treatment.
- Functions collaboratively with treatment team members to enhance service to patients.
- Maintains patient records as required by law and Medical Center policy.
- Assists other mental health professionals in expediting emergencies and/or functions as co-therapist in special situations.
- Provides a comprehensive assessment of patient's mental health treatment needs.
- Has a working knowledge of various community agencies and resources and refers patients when appropriate.
- Delivers and documents all care in an efficient and productive manner.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Masters degree in social work.
- Minimum of 3 years experience delivery psychosocial in either an inpatient or outpatient setting.
- Trained in individual and group psychotherapy techniques.
- Knowledge of psychopathology and differential diagnosis and treatment techniques.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.