Home Health Aide Private- Live In- Per Diem- Home care
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our full- and part-time benefit eligible team members by offering a Total Rewards package including comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401(k) match and Tuition Reimbursement.Per Diem team members are eligible to participate in the 401(k) match and Travel Reimbursement. At www.TeamHMH.com, you’ll find the information, resources and tools that will help you to be successful at HMH. From great benefits and innovative wellness programs, to robust learning and development opportunities, we continue to cultivate an exceptional work environment where you can do the kind of work that leads to fulfillment and professional growth.
- Perform and/or assist patient with personal care activities, such as, baths, showers, skin and hair care, and oral hygiene. Assure universal safety precautions and direction on the care plan are followed when providing care. Provide care that meets the patient’s needs.
- Notify RN of any changes in patient condition observed in a timely manner and document appropriately.
- Record all required information on patient chart completely and accurately. Assure documentation is completed per organization protocol.
- Assist patient with transfer and ambulating. Perform range of motion exercises. Assure all activities are performed safely and follow the principles of good body mechanics.
- Perform general housekeeping of patient’s area and change patient’s bed linens. Assist family with light housekeeping activities, such as dusting, vacuuming, damp mopping, etc.
- Assist client with self-administration of oral medication/s. Remind patient when to take medication/s.
- Prepare simple meals in accordance with dietary instructions and assist patient with eating if necessary.
- Assist with of foley catheter and colostomy care to ensure proper hygiene. Assist patient with changing colostomy bags. Perform peri care. Measure urine. Assist with ostomy care and assure skin is clean around stoma.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Demonstrate flexibility with job responsibilities in all areas.
- Adheres to HMH’s Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 50 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 8 hours a day
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Good Customer Service Skills
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Home Care Experience
- N.J. Board of Nursing CHHA Certification
- Valid driver’s license
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.