EVS Group Leader - Full Time - Overnights
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
The EVS Group Leader is responsible for the set up of the daily routine and additional assignments. These duties include routine work and projects. They are responsible for setting up breaks and lunch schedules. They order supplies and report any problems with equipment. They work with new employees for training purposes and orientation. The availability for this Full Time - Overnight position is 11pm - 730a.
- Assesses the need for floor care and performs appropriate tasks.
- Performs between case clean-up as well as terminal clean-up according to standards.
- Performs periodic and project cleaning.
- Collects and disposes of trash and linen appropriately.
- Performs non-patient care area cleaning such as locker rooms, office space, lounges, etc.
- Participates in QI activities and work area inspection.
- Assumes responsibility for care of equipment. Operates and cleans machinery, troubleshoots when necessary, and reports all needs for repair.
- Maintains adequate levels of supplies and reports need for replacements.
- Follows Universal Blood and Body Fluid Precautions.
- Serves as a resource to the department by teaching cleaning techniques, assuring proper use of chemicals, assuring proper use of machinery, serves as a preceptor to new employees, and reports all work and work progress to next shift.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 1 year experience as an Environmental Service Aide/Housekeeping.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 100 lbs., push and pull a minimum of 250 lbs. and stands a minimum of length of shift.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) strongly preferred.
- Good communication and Customer Service skills required.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.