How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Manager is a member of the overall major gifts team for Hackensack Meridian Health Foundation, responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and recognition of major gift donors.
This position requires an on-site presence at Ocean University Medical Center with some limited flexibility to work remote.
A day in the life of a Development Manager at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Achieve revenue and expense goals for Foundation special gifts endeavor. Work collaboratively with the Executive Director to achieve revenue goals. Work collaboratively with Foundation Centralized Services on annual funds, special events and related activities.
- Develop and direct fundraising for hospital programs, in collaboration with board members, volunteers, and staff for the benefit of the Foundation, facilitating the identification, cultivation and solicitation of major gifts.
- Cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts, focusing on gifts of $50,000+, in collaboration with board members, volunteers, and staff for the benefit of the Foundation.
- Oversee targeted growth, cultivation, and solicitation of donor pool as appropriate, mining data through report analysis to develop outreach plans for potential mid-level giving prospects. Conduct thorough and appropriate follow up with potential donors.
- Act as a liaison between Foundation Signature Services program members, Hackensack Meridian Health Foundation, and clinicians and administrators, navigating the health network on behalf of FSS program members in collaboration with the FSS team, nurturing donor relationships, and providing continuity of a consistently high level of service. Expresses genuine compassion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Recruit hosts for and coordinate appropriate cultivation gatherings of prospects at various educational, social and hospitality events offered at the Medical Center. Manage cultivation events and internal constituency giving subcommittees, and oversees management.
- Serve as liaison between hospital administration, auxiliaries, volunteers, the community and the Foundation. Develop important relationships with Team Members to promote a culture of philanthropy and grateful patient prospects.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated track record of consistently closing four-figure gifts independently, and five figure gifts and above with appropriate senior support.
- Highly functional with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Masters degree or equivalent.
- Experience with not-for-profits, legal, and financial.
- Experience working with Raisers Edge and/or other fundraising/CRM management software.
- Demonstrated track record of consistently closing five-figure gifts independently, and six-figure gifts with appropriate senior support.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Certificated Fund Raising Executive (CFRE).
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.