How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
As a collaborative member of the interdisciplinary team, and a skilled Registered Nurse, the Case Manager is involved in the processes of assessing, planning, organizing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the services and resources needed to respond to an individual's healthcare/rehabilitation needs by coordinating medical, financial and counseling/social services to patients and families.
A day in the life of a Per Diem Case Manager at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Data collection and assessment pertaining to patients' medical, social, financial, familial and psychologic situation as well as any social determinants of health that may impact recovery or present a barrier to adjustment to disability, discharge to the community, or health management.
- Develops a comprehensive plan by establishing realistic, patient centered goals to achieve optimal outcomes in collaboration with the patients, families, treating team, and payers. Case Manager establishes target dates for goal achievement and provides education and information to patients/families to access available resources/services in support of those goals.
- Implementation and facilitation of planning, resources and services assuring ongoing assessment and contingency planning in support of the patients' successful discharge to the community whenever possible.
- Utilizes all clinical and case management skills to advocate for positive patient outcomes that are cost effective, patient specific, ethical and are within the accepted guidelines for standards of care.
- Effective spoken and written communication to and with patients, families, payers and team members in the execution of the patients' plans of care.
- Actively participates in the Utilization Review process as a measure of resource management stewardship in the care delivery system.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Minimum of three years clinical experience.
- Graduate of BSN/Bachelor’s Degree program or equivalent work-related experience.
- Demonstrated accountability and skills in analysis, problem solving, decision making, time management and oral and written communication.
- Familiarity with resources available regarding the regulations and parameters of third-party reimbursement.
Case Management/UR experience:
- Clinical experience in the management of chronically or catastrophically ill or injured patients.
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license.
- Preferred Certification/Licensing:
- CCM, National Certification, is preferred or willingness to prepare for and achieve the CCM credential.
- CRRN or National Certification, in area of specialty.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.