Business Office Manager
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our team members are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care and coaching each and every day. Through the comprehensive care we provide, we are confident that you will be able to apply your skills while building your career within New Jerseys premier healthcare system.
Responsible for ensuring control and maintenance of resident accounts. Coordinates the activities of billing and follow up. Maintains accounts receivable and cash collections at targeted benchmarks. Complies with Third Party billing and Cost Reporting Data Requirements.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs and safety standards.
- Manages Private accounts, legal accounts and resident personal needs accounts
- Private uncollectible co-insurance balance will be written-off 120 days from first day of contact.
- Reviews aged trial balances to ensure timely follow up. Keeps automated file of open accounts by payer with follow up notes to be used as a working collection file.
- Keeps current on Medicare, Medicaid and Managed Care contract rates and keeps financial and administrative staff aware of all issues.
- Works closely with DON and Case Manager to comply with audits and internal audit requests.
- Effectively determines amount of collection effort to be used in accordance with established regulations
- Works closely with Admissions and Case Manager to resolve payer, coding issues, rate authorization and to reconcile census on a daily basis.
- Researches all issues on Ub to ensure data, charges and codes are appropriately assigned to ensure reimbursement.
- Maintains Medicare RUGs on a Weekly basis.
- Maintains and Follows up Medicaid Pending cases with Board of Social Services to obtain payment approval. Medicaid residents are collected in a timely manner.
- Attends Monthly AR meeting to review outstanding AR balances.
- Prepares and distributes weekly and monthly reports for financial staff.
Associate’s Degree Preferred or Equivalent Work Experience.
Three to five years of direct patient account experience required.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.