Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist -(Physician Practice)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist is responsible for performing all functions and procedures in the Pulmonary Laboratory including pulmonary function testing and cardiopulmonary exercise testing.
Schedule is Wednesday and Thursday: 9:00AM to 12:00PM weekly.
A day in the life of a Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs calibration on all pulmonary function testing equipment and record.
- Performs all types of pulmonary function testing offered by the Pulmonary Lab according to department policy.
- Calibrates and performs quality control on blood gas analyzers and records the results.
- Runs reports after testing is complete.
- Schedules patients for pulmonary function testing and completes all necessary information on the pulmonary function request form.
- Connects patients to the DATA Scope Monitor (EKG, BP, Pulse Oximeter).
- Administers Aerosol Treatment if ordered by Physician.
- Cleans and washes bronchoscopes according to policy.
- Set-ups Bronchoscopy Tables.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate from an approved Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience through an approved Respiratory Therapy Program and relevant employment as a Respiratory Therapist/Pulmonary Function Technologist
- Comprehensive knowledge of Pulmonary Laboratory Policies and Procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Pulmonary Function Testing.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- BA or AAS in Respiratory Care.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ Registered Respiratory Therapist Certificate or Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician
- Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist Certificate.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- NJ Respiratory Care Practitioner License.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.