Supervisor, Revenue Cycle/Reconciliation
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Sup, Rev Cycle and Reconciliation at Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH), under the general direction of the Manager of Cash Posting & Reconciliation, supervises the day to day functions operations of the Cash Posting and Reconciliation Department. In addition, ensures all existing contracts are loaded correctly into Epic's Reimbursement Contract Management module for the Network.
A day in the life of a Supervisor of Revenue Cycle and Reconciliation with Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Ensure Epic Reimbursement Contract Management is loaded timely & correctly.
- Validate integrity of data output of Epic Contract Management.
- Responsible for ensuring timeliness of loading new contract in Contract Management.
- Ensure modification to Reimbursement Contract Management system is working efficiently.
- Ensure DRG in the EPIC system are upgraded or loaded to current versions timely.
- Areas of responsibility, supervision of the day-to-day activities of Cash Posting, Adjudication of accounts, Denial posting, Refund Processing and Monthly reporting of Cash Receipt & posting to Finance.
- Trend, analyze & report issues on Managed Care Contracts, Contract Management and other Payer related topics to be included in weekly Managed Care & Supervisors meeting in order for department to be kept abreast of issues or changes affecting the department on Payer Services.
- Approve or reject patient & insurance refunds within the guidelines established.
- Supervise all line personnel responsible for Cash Posting & Reconciliation and related functions.
- Assist management to develop monitoring and control mechanisms to evaluate employee's performance relating to efficiency, accuracy and professional courtesy while interacting with Managed Care Organizations and other departments and Agencies.
- Monitors Collector's Workstation and Credit balance report to ensure the goal of timely and proper posting of transactions to patients' accounts. This ensures achievement of Accounts Receivable days/ aging & ensures maximum revenue achieve by identifying variables timely.
- Ensure that established functional standard of productivity is met. Review staff performance in relationship to the standard established. Responsible for identifying underperforming areas. Assist management in implementing corrective actions on underperforming areas. Ensure the internal control in place is being followed.
- Interview, select, orient and train new employees. Conduct ongoing counseling and education sessions. Determines job objectives and work methods.
- Responsible for designing and administering educational training for staff. Ensures that appropriate staff is fully trained.
- Authorizes vacation schedules, control of hours worked and payroll reports, review performance appraisals, personal development, safety, discipline with each employee.
- Responsible for timely communication to management of progress, problems, and solutions or any significant factor affecting the Reconciliation department.
- Ensures that the request for information from Billing, Follow-Up, Collection, Customer Service, Cashier's, Reconciliation, Administration and other areas are carried out timely. Maintain helpful and supportive relationships with each other and staff within Finance and other departments to resolve issues by their own effort whenever feasible.
- Monthly reporting & Reconciliation of Cash received & Cash posted with Finance.
- Ensure that the enhancements to the departmental procedural systems that will make the operations of the payment, adjustment, denial posting and processing of credit balance more efficient are being monitored, this is key to success of Revenue Cycle.
- Ensure that the Policies & Procedures developed for the department is appropriately communicated to the staff.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Healthcare Administration and/or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Healthcare billing, Collections in Hospital/Insurance Co.
- Experience in account analysis, good accounting skills, strong analytical skill, good communication & interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Windows Suite & Hospital Billing system.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Strong technical skills, working knowledge of data bases.
- Strong knowledge of Reporting software's, (Business Object, Express Query, HealthCare Query).
- A minimum of three (3) years of Supervisory experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Epic Resolute Hospital Billing Fundamentals to be completed successfully within one year of hire or promotion.
- Epic Resolute Hospital Billing Expected Reimbursement Contracts to be completed successfully within one year of hire or promotion.
- Must successfully pass completion of EPIC assessment within 30 days after Network access granted.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.