Patient Accounts Coordinator
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Patient Accounts Coordinator, Admission Services Center organizes, monitors and takes corrective action with regard to the insurance verification process and/or charge audit within the department.
As a Patients Account Coordinator, you will:
- Monitor the registration accuracy performance of Patient Access Associates in regards to data entry on daily basis through the assigned EPIC workqueues.
- Provide daily staff performance updates/audit results to ASC management and reviews the results with the registrars if requested.
- Interview patients to perform telephone registration audits and obtain any missing information if needed.
- Educate Patient Access Associates regarding any insurance topics/products, issues related to understanding a real time eligibility (RTE) and Admission Services Center's workflows (e.g. ETD).
- Identify and correct any hospital insurance and/or service charge error quickly and accurately.
- Review and reassigns electronically as needed certain provide's documentation deficiencies to allow health information coding to begin.
- Review Epic medical charts and assigns modifiers and supply charges as needed.
- Assess evaluation and management (E&M) levels assigned and corrects any errors/duplicates.
- Document the system in regards to any encountered issues such as required missing information.
- Review billing reports such as E-Premis rejections (billing claim scrubber) and/or monthly denials as requested.
- Assist ASC Management in maintaining the department's Annual Compliance Plan(s) (e.g. MSPQ monitoring, etc.).
- Work on special projects such as review of the billing vendors' Self-Pay invoices to identify any missed opportunities such as insurances found by the vendor.
- Effectively communicate with other departments as needed to clarify certain billing issues.
- Ensure that all required patient data elements are accurately entered into Epic system.
- Provide excellent Customer Service to patients and their families by adhering to AIDET fundamentals.
- Access and navigate various payer websites (e.g. Emdeon, Navinet) to confirm patients' insurance coverage /policy benefits.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Associates degree or equivalent related experience.
- Good computer skills.
- Hospital Insurance knowledge required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Medical terminology preferable.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.