Licensed Practical Nurse-Pediatrics (Physician Practice)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The primary role of the LPN is to provide clinical support, under the direction of the clinical Supervisor and physician(s) of the practice, to ensure smooth patient flow and physician and patient satisfaction.
A day in the life of a Licensed Practical Nurse at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- To help promote high levels of service, all team members greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. At each patient encounter, team members respond promptly to patients’ needs and listen with empathy both in person and on the telephone.
- Proactively reviews chart (either paper or EMR) in advance of patient intake. Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight; assists physician with procedures; administers injections as approved; provides patient instructions per physician’s order; conducts authorized in-office tests
- Assists the physician with coordinating patient care in the office, hospital, to referring physicians, and ancillary facilities.
- Proactively initiates phone calls to ensure patients are provided with all necessary information. Informs patients of test results according to guidelines of the practice and care or follow up instructions.
- Assists with completion of quality indicator reports and communicates timely feedback to providers.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of accredited LPN program.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 2 years’ experience in a medical office.
Licenses & Certifications Required:
- Valid NJ LPN licensure.
- CPR certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.