- Requisition # 2023-133468
- StatusFull Time with Benefits
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Cash/ERA Reconcil Analyst supports the Sup, Cash/ERA Reconciliation team for daily operations of the Cash & ERA Reconciliation department. Manages the payment posting for the network, assuring timely posting of transactions to the patients' accounts to ensure lowest possible days in accounts receivable in a cost effective manner. Serve as subject matter expert in Remittance Epic application & Cash Management module. This position is responsible for ensuring all Cash received in the bank is properly & timely recorded. Identify all issues related to Cash posting and recommend solutions as needed and work with management for resolution. This position is integral in ensuring the Accounts Receivable is reflecting accurate balance & timely processing of payment is integral in accurate Financial reporting of revenue. Capable of guiding teams in ensuring process & procedure are being followed. Duties performed are at multiple sites within the Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) Network.
A day in the life of a Cash/ERA Reconciliation Analyst with Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Ensure Cash Management inventory is managed timely - identify issues and collaborate with management for resolution.
- Ensure the Cash team is following the processes & policies established. Train team members of current & new processes.
- Report discrepancies between the bank deposits and the corresponding remittance and payment files.
- Monitors the Cash Management report & the Epic Remittance Module to track posting status & inventory
- Assist in ongoing training to ensure the process is being followed & upto date.
- Open tickets with HDX (ClearingHouse) and payers for missing Remittance.
- Report to management payes that needs to be enrolled & convert payer from check to EFT/ACH as method of payments.
- Assist in ensuring daily core functions of the Cash team are completed & balanced accurately.
- Work on unmatched cash is current and any backlog is resolved timely. May also include contacting the patient, insurance company, payee, bank, front line staff, or other entity to determine where the payment belongs or process refund for incorrect or unidentified payment received.
- Ensure timely processing of all aspects of Cash Management including identifying issues and recommending process enhancements for quality improvement is reported & actioned timely.
- Prepare weekly report on Remittance and Cash Management inventory
- Assist in creating Desktop Procedures and Policies & procedures.
- Audit Cash team`s output to ensure accuracy & productivity timeliness is being followed.
- Attend weekly meetings with Accounting to ensure all Cash related questions are answered before the month end closing.
- Assist in ensuring all processes for all locations are aligned.
- Review and reply to various departments inquiry regarding Cash related matters
- Can perform all Remittance Specialist & Cash Specialist functions.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree or finance related area of concentration or business administration with concentration in finance or management or related field or relevant HMHN experience.
- Microsoft Office or Google applications.
- Cash Posting & Reconciliation experience.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Minimum of 3+ years Hospital Billing Experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Resolute Hospital Billing - Remittance upon hire or obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Resolute Hospital Billing - Payment Application upon hire or obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Must successfully pass completion of EPIC assessment within 30 days after Network access granted.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Ob/Gyn Physician - Deal LakeHMHMG SPECIALTY CARE 570 Asbury Park, New Jersey
Medical Receptionist- Oncology (Physician Practice)HMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Youth Residential Technician- Psychiatric Unit- Belle Mead - PT/NightsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Youth Residential Technician- Belle Mead- FTHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.