Business Associate III at Nursing and Rehab in Shrewsbury
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Business Associate III is responsible for daily business office functions for Nursing Homes. Complies with Third Party billing and collections timely.
A day in the life of a Business Associate III at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Journal Entries - Inputs accounting charges and Managed Insurance rates and verifies for accuracy. Ancillaries charges input performed completely and accurately and in a timely manner for nursing homes. Input correct Managed Insurance rates and Level of Care from the facility Case Manager's monthly worksheet.
- Collections - Keeps current with Third Party billing and follow up collections for reimbursement. Meets established monthly cash collection goal for this payer. Third Party Insurance billed in a timely manner. Follow up with Insurance Companies on a weekly basis. Meets monthly cash goal set by the Business Office Manager and Director LTC Accounts.
- Cash Collection - Manages all Medicare private co-insurance collections for Nursing Homes. Meets established monthly cash collection goal for this payer. Medicare private co-insurance billed on a timely manner. Follow up collection letters done monthly. Collection calls made weekly. Meets monthly cash goal set by the Business Office Manager and Director LTC Accounts.
- Medicare Logs - Prepares Medicare Bad Debt write offs for Nursing Homes. All Medicare Private co-insurance collection letters and Medicaid edit 670 remit to be attached to Bad Debt adjustment write off sheet and to be signed at monthly A/R meetings.
- Bad Debt Logs - Maintains monthly Bad Debt log for Nursing Homes. Bad Debt log to be completed monthly with back up attached. Monthly adjustment to balance to GL report.
- Organization & Time Management - Coordinates work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency. Consistently demonstrates the ability to organize the workday, recognize and establish priorities and makes maximum use of downtime.
- Account Reconciliation - Responsible for understanding month end close process. Balance census, cash reconciliation and ensure accurate billing and reimbursement rates for all payers. Transmit files to Medicare and Medicaid. Print all month end reports and statements.
- Clerical Support - Provides clerical support as needed. Write up daily cash receipt deposit, cash entry, fax monthly census timely to Pharmacy to ensure timely accurate bill.
- Other Duties as Assigned - Receives direction from Business Office Manager and Director LTC Accounts and has the ability to perform tasks with minimum of intervention. Completes daily tasks/special projects when assigned in a timely manner.
Education and Experience Required:
• Advanced knowledge and education generally acquired through 2 years formal training from community or junior college.
• Three to five years patient account experience.
• Microsoft Office PC experience including Excel, Word, Windows, SMS
• Basic Accounting, cash controls, and Customer service skills
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.