Asst Dir Nursing Rn (adon) - Shrewsbury
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
To assist the Director of Nurses to plan, organize, develop, and direct the Nursing Staff in accordance with facility policies and procedures and state/federal regulations and provide the highest quality of care to the residents. Ensures that staff meet all required in-service education and maintain all documentation as directed by D.O.N. Acts as Director of Nurses in his/her absence.
A day in the life of an Assistant Director of Nursing at Hackensack Meridian Health can be described as follows:
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program
- Develops, implements, and maintains effective orientation program
- Directs, monitors, and disciplines staff as needed to ensure quality care is administered
- Demonstrates ability to manage nursing staff and discipline as needed
- Acts as a liaison between nursing and other departments to ensure residents receive necessary services
- Acts as Staff Development Coordinator to ensure staff is knowledgeable of all facility policies and procedures, state/federal guidelines, and current trends in healthcare
- Staff demonstrate good knowledge of facility policies and procedures, state/federal guidelines, and current healthcare issues related to quality resident care services. Documentation is maintained as per state/federal guidelines.
- Audits are done with plans of action/follow-up as per facility policy and procedure and as directed by D.O.N.
- Current and valid RN license in the State of New Jersey is required
- Previous experience in geriatric setting or hospital is required
- One (1) or more years of experience as supervisor for long term care facility or hospital is required
- Must be willing/able to be on call as needed
- BLS/CPR Certification by American Heart Association is preferred
- IV Certification is preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.