Ultrasound Technologist - Per Diem
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for performing a variety of specialized technical tasks in Diagnostic Ultrasound utilizing high frequency sound waves to assist medical and professional personnel in detecting anatomical abnormalities.
A day in the life of an Ultrasound Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Performs procedures according to departmental format, completing exam in allotted time.
2. Performs required daily clerical duties, which include the use of EPIC, PACS, Teletracking System, computer system, patient scheduling, and other computer systems as added by Medical Center.
3. Performs portable ultrasound exams.
4. Performs a variety of complex technical tasks in Diagnostic Ultrasound. Assist physicians with Ultrasound guided Interventional procedures, and color-flow ultrasound as required.
5. Determines, prepares, and sets up medical supplies, instruments, and equipment.
6. Prepares patients for diagnostic procedures, explain procedures, measures and position patients for each anatomical view.
7. Evaluates technical quality of images. Obtains and processes images of pathogenic conditions in accordance with standard procedures or techniques.
8. Maintains records of ultrasound taken, archiving and de-archiving data as required. Calculates, compiles, and records data from numerical readings on patient's charts and related documents.
9. Calibrates, cleans, and performs routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning. Cleans and sterilizes instruments, supplies, and equipment. Stocks and replenish supplies as required.
10. Provides technical assistance and instruction to students, employees, and medical residents.
11. Greets all patients when they arrive for their exam utilizing A.I.D.E.T. standards.
12. Responsible for scheduled shifts including holidays and weekends.
13. Overtime as needed to provide continual quality patient care.
14. On call assignments as needed per Department of Radiology policy.
15. Adheres to the policies of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior, Attendance, and Punctuality.
16. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and /or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
17. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
18. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
19. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of an approved Ultrasound School.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Minimum of one year of clinical experience in ultrasound.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certification.
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Lifts a minimum of 25 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 6 hours a day.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.