Supervisor Care Mgmt - F/T Day
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Supervises assigned staff to ensure that all case management processes are in order; including coordinating patient activities to ensure that care meets evidence-based practice standards, and regulatory/payor requirements. The role integrates and coordinates utilization management, care coordination, discharge planning functions and performance improvement activities for the case managers.
The Supervisor Case Management is accountable for the department’s designated staff caseload and plans effectively in order to meet staffing needs, manage the length of stay, and promote efficient utilization of resources.
- Minimum of 4 years in Case Management in an acute care setting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical, data management and PC skills.
- Current working knowledge of discharge planning, CMS regulations, case management, performance improvement, and managed care reimbursement.
- Understanding of pre-acute and post-acute venues of care and post-acute community resources.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, as evidenced by a capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in interactions with physicians, payers, and patients and their families.
- Ability to rotate weekend/ holiday on call.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) preferred
- Case Manager, registered Nurse Graduate of a NLN/AACN accredited program in nursing preferred
- Knowledge of INDICIA, EPIC and MCG.
- Maintains American Heart Association Basic Life Support HCP certification.
- Case Management certification.
- Current and valid NJ nursing license preferred
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.