Speech Pathologist - Full Time
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Speech Rehabilitation Pathologist evaluates, plans and implements a goal oriented Speech Pathology treatment program that focuses on speech-language disorder, swallowing impairments/dysfunction and cognitive functioning to achieve an optimal level of independence. Provides an environment conducive to functional goal achievement. Utilizes interdisciplinary collaboration and available resources to provide care.
A day in the life of a Speech Pathologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Interviews patient and evaluates his/her condition.
2. Formulates functionally based/objective short and long term goals.
3. Develops an individualized program of treatment focused on identified patient needs.
4. Prepares written documentation such as Progress Notes, Reassessments and Discharge Summaries.
5. Develops a rapport and mutual respect with the patient to foster an optimum environment for goal achievement.
6. Demonstrates and implements appropriate treatment techniques and skills with patients.
7. Completes patient treatments (within an acceptable departmental productivity range) with a scheduled day.
8. Provides education to patients and/or families based upon the identified learning needs, in a manner that the patients and/or families can demonstrate their understanding
9. Establishes appropriate swallowing compensation to minimize patient risk of respiratory and nutritional compromise
10. Demonstrates appropriate knowledge in providing for the assessment and remediation of cognitive, visual-perceptual skills and/or behavioral parameters
11. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
12. Proficient computer skills that include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Master's Degree in Speech Pathology.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
A minimum of one year of experience as a licensed Speech Pathologist.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Speech Language Pathology License.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.