How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
- Effectively navigates department specific software applications to assist in the administration of Anatomic Pathology
additional test orders, scanning and attaching patient testing results and ability to answer any inquiries pertaining to the
administration of test orders/results or estimated delivery of same.
- Reviews requests for Autopsy, ensure documentation is in order and accession autopsy into EPIC system.
- Departmental reporting for Anatomic Pathology as well as custody of pathology materials to ensure location and
availability of materials when necessary.
- Facilitates retrieval of pathology material at the request of pathologist, physicians, patient’s and outside institutions to
assist the physician and/or patient in ordering/obtaining additional testing/results, second opinion consultations and/or
continued care and treatment both within HMH or to other healthcare systems while maintaining HIPAA compliance in all
aspects of incoming requests/inquiries.
- Processes billing and obtain accurate demographic and insurance information for third party accounts receivable/payable.
Field all incoming telephone calls and customer service-related duties with respect to Anatomic Pathology/laboratory
inquiries; maintenance of all office files/records and system documentation according to department policy.
- Prepares and reviews oncology conferences, retrieves reports and information sufficient for pathology presentation portion
- Triage all above duties by priority, complete all required duties with efficiency and accuracy and perform any/all other
duties as assigned.
- Safeguarding sensitive medical information and practicing strict procedures in handling confidentiality of data pertaining to patients, clinicians, employees, and visitors.
- Maintaining and stocking all designated clerical related supplies and equipment in the department.
- Completing other/varied tasks as necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Previous experience working in a hospital environment preferred
- Previous experience working with patients and families preferred
- General computer skills, including basic proficiency with Microsoft Office, are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- You must enjoy working with patients and their families
- Have the ability to accept responsibility for accuracy and response times.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.