Secretary Ii- FT-Day
Come join our Amazing team here at Hackensack Meridian Health! We offer EXCELLENT benefits, Scheduling Flexibility, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and much more including a Generous sign on bonus!!!
Assists Managers and/or Supervisors and staff to communicate information essential to the routine and non-routine daily operation of the department in an effective interdisciplinary collaborative manner to enhance customer satisfaction. Performs business functions in a multi-skilled environment, utilizing standard office equipment and basic or specialized software applications to provide services. Participates in departmental activities to enhance safety, quality and efficiency.
- Customer Satisfaction: Actively engages customers in a warm and friendly way in an effort to 'make their day'.
- Data Entry Accuracy: Initiates and accurately completes assigned reports (at the Supervisor/Manager level) within defined time frame (e.g.: daily statistics, data requests, record review, monthly statistics, departmental meeting minutes, transcription).
- Office Skills: Copy, file and collage data accurately as per departmental functions and requests.
- Performance Improvement: Participates in the review, analysis and implementation of procedures to maximize the department's operating efficiency.
- Phone and Interpersonal Skills: Smiles and makes eye contact. Chooses attitude by being present when answering phones by third ring and using the approved script
- Record Keeping: Inputs/extracts data as assigned, offering methods to do so in accurate, efficient manner.
- Resolving Issues: Demonstrates initiative in patient/member problem resolution within the scope of authority from front line to Supervisor/Manager level.
- Scheduling: Establish, coordinate and maintain schedules as assigned with responsibility for anticipating changes or potential conflicts (e.g.: Supervisor's appointments, patient schedules, meetings).
- Workload Accountability: Completes business documentation pertaining to department according to task list and requests (e.g.: ordering of supplies, time and attendance, patient charging, registration or membership and/or departmental logs).
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to delegate, prioritize, think independently, be adaptable, and manage time efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Secretarial experience in a hospital environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and hospital policy/procedures.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.