Registered Nurse - Women's Diagnostic Services - Per Diem
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Registered Nurse in Women’s imaging, will interface with the beast health team and assist with the coordination of all aspects of screening mammography; diagnostic imaging, biopsy procedures, film consultations, support services and education for women receiving services in the Women’s Center. This position provides clinical and administrative functions as required in support of the Women’s Center services and participates in maintaining a safe, cost-effective patient care environment.
This position will act as a liaison between the patient and the referring physician office to obtain all necessary prescriptions, patient information and medical clearance when necessary. S/he will appropriately track all pathology results and work with the Breast Imagers on delivering results in a timely manner. S/he will identify and assist patient and families in eliminating potential barriers to care by identifying and referring to appropriate resources. S/he will refer 100% of all positive patients to the Oncology Nurse Navigators, and will be an integral part of and professional member of the Interdisciplinary team coordination promoting optimal patient care in Women’s Imaging.
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse Women's Imaging at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Identifying and educating patients through multiple access points and working closely to assist them in navigating the system of multidisciplinary care
- Assisting with authorizations, appointments, scheduling and document preparation for diagnostic and/or biopsy procedures
- Providing patient care during biopsies
- Notifying patients of negative results
- Tracking outcomes for medical audits
- Being an innovative, compassionate and caring partner from diagnosis through survivorship.
- Current and valid RN License in the State of New Jersey is required
- CPR/BLS Certification by American Heart Association is required
- Certified Breast Care Nurse (CBCN) is preferred
- Five (5) or more years of nursing experience is required
- Oncology/radiology nursing experience is preferred
- Must have excellent communication and team working skills
- Must be self-directed
- If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.