Patient Access Specialist- FT- Day
“Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian
Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to
succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are
team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how
we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep
getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of
Come join our Amazing team here at Hackensack Meridian Health! We offer EXCELLENT benefits, Scheduling Flexibility, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and much more!!!
The Patient Access Specialist is responsible for all Inpatient and Outpatient Patient Access functions within the Patient Access Services Department in their assigned area/hospital(s) at Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH). Conducts quality interviews with every patient to ensure compliance with patient safety rules and state and federal regulations. Gathers appropriate identification for patients and confirms all patient demographics to validate patient identity. Conducts intensive screening of all Medicare, Medicaid and managed care patients to identify network status and coordination of benefits. Obtains all applicable patient consents/attestations. Performs job related functions including, but not limited to, facility based scheduling, bed planning, pre-registration, registration, insurance verification, pre-certification, point of service cash collection and financial clearance under the direction of the Supervisor/Manager/Director for these designated areas. Must adhere to the Medical Center's Quality Standards and maintain a positive patient experience at all times.
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience in a hospital setting.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Basic medical terminology knowledge.
- Prior registration/insurance verification experience.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
- Patient Financial services experience in a professional or hospital setting.
- Ability to work every other weekend.
- Ability to work three (3) out of six (6) holidays.
- Ability to work rotating schedules/shifts based on needs.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or related experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in a hospital setting.
- Excellent Analytical, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient medical terminology knowledge.
- Knowledge of insurance specifications, ICD10 and CPT4 codes.
- Bilingual (i.e. Spanish or Korean).
- Experience with EPIC HB, Cadence, and Prelude.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Successfully complete EPIC Cadence and Prelude training and pass assessment that follows within 30 days after Network access is granted.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.