OR Business Manager - Surgical Services Admin - Full time with benefits - Day
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a OR Business Manager at Hackensack Meridian Helath includes:
- Reporting to the Director of Surgical Services and working closely as a member of the management team, facilitates the integration, management, and data needs for all of Perioperative Services for hospital campus
- Takes a leadership role, working with the physicians, supervisory, and non-supervisory staff to integrate the organizational perspective in local operating areas to achieve high levels of patient, physician, and team member satisfaction
- Ensures the appropriateness of expenditures and all contract agreements. Provides on-going interpretation of financial and clinical data for service and medical staff to facilitate understanding the impact of their clinical/service practice to the financial goals of the organization
- Reports trends in data which reflect systems issues
- Develops information tracking systems, preparing and displaying data concerning operations, improvement initiatives, and system changes
- Monitors divisional and departmental charge masters, billing, budget and variance reports, providing recommendations for improvement, simplification, compliance, etc
- Works with coders and financial resources to ensure accurate billing, rapid turn-around, and tracking of volume, expenses and quality service delivery
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day business operations including budget, contracts, charge master, analysis for program development, reimbursement changes, and informatics support of the current electronic documentation program for the perioperative areas
- Participates in preparing and evaluating current financial and inventory practices, charge audits, and statistical analysis of procedure costs and OR utilization
- Manages and/or assists in the recruitment, development and supervision of team members. Creates and sustains an environment that fosters team member engagement. Establishes clear objectives tied to department and/or organizational strategic goals. Coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree required MBA preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Critical thinking, program development and project management skills
- Ability to manage division budget required
- Knowledge of surgeon and/or general physician practice operations
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.